Welcome to our new classroom
Code Nation is expanding. With classrooms already established in Manchester,
we’re now setting up a new location in Chester to help even more people get a
start on their coding career.
We can be found at The Vault in Boughton; a modern and exciting new base.
We’re running our ‘Develop’ your coding skills course in December 2018 and
our Master Course in January 2019 from here.
Find out more about our courses by clicking the buttons below…
The digital skills gap keeps growing. By 2020, it’s predicted that there’ll be one million unfilled jobs in the IT sector, and there are a few factors contributing to this:
● An increased demand for digital skills in every business and in every industry
● An overwhelming demand for innovative technologies such as Data Analytics, Robotics, Data Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence – often referred to as Industry 4.0 or the 4th Industrial revolution
● The growing demands on traditional business models and industries to use technology to improve effectiveness and efficiencies to compete for large scale projects (for example, HS2)
● The number of skilled workers in the digital space choosing to leave the UK to work in other locations (for example, Lisbon)
● The decreasing number of skilled workers in the digital space coming to the UK
Our co-founder and Chair, David Muir, has worked in the Chester, North Wales, C&W LEP, Warrington, Liverpool area for a number of years. He’s seen these pressures first-hand and knows that a large number of vacancies currently exist for coders within the Chester area.
As the Cheshire and Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership say in their Skills & Education Plan:
“Our economic output is greater than that of the core cities. We have world leading businesses, in world leading sectors such as AstraZenica, Bentley Motors, Unilever and Jungheinrich.
“However, challenges lie ahead. If we are to maintain productivity we need to replace our ageing highly skilled workforce (230,000 jobs by 2025) and address the deﬁcit of up to 60,000 graduates and the challenge of 25% of workers earning below the living wage and many working on unstable low hours contracts.
“We are losing 5,000 graduates each year and we have a clear mis-match between the skills employers need and the skills individuals choose to acquire. This is because not enough people get the information they need to make informed decisions about the subjects to study and the careers to follow. This is particularly true for STEM and Digital skills.”
We always focus Code Nation on areas where there’s business demand and a potential talent pool to fill that gap. We’ve heard loud and clear that those conditions exist in Chester, and so we’ve brought Code Nation to The Vault.
Exciting times lie ahead, and if you’d like to join us on the journey, just get in touch to find out how!