Apprenticeship: Software Developer
Level 4 Apprenticeship
In collaboration with:
This Apprenticeship is through our partner Davies, utilising Code Nation‘s technical content and Davies Group expertise in Apprenticeships, to provide an outstanding and contextualised learning experience.
Who is the Programme For?
In a digital world where the expectation is to have platforms and functional applications to serve customers and clients effectively, there is an increased demand for software developers.
Organisations require robust, stable platforms which work effectively and efficiently. This programme provides the structure to quickly learn the skills and capabilities for this role. Typical job roles include:
- Web Developer
- Mobile Application Developer Software Developer
- Application Development Technician
Level 4 Apprenticeship
Duration: 21 Months
Funding Band: £18,000
- To have the right to work in the UK
- To have lived in the UK/EEA continuously for the past three years
- At least a grade 4/C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- To have passed the Davies aptitude test
The programme is built around a professional apprenticeship. Following a full time immersive 9 week course, the learning is wrapped around and incorporates daily work. This is supplemented by ‘off the job’ development and a structured curriculum.
Access to all of our training content is via our digital platforms enabling 100% remote delivery. This incorporates:
- Virtual classroom (9 weeks upfront)
- Online learning (accessed via PC or mobile)
- 121 coaching & support from industry practitioners
- Additional workshops to support skills & career development
What does the programme cover?
This programme will develop Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours and will provide people with the awareness and capabilities required to accelerate their career in Software Development.
Software Development Lifecycle | Roles & Responsibilities | Communication Methods | Software Development Methods | Algorithms | Procedures & Policies | Testing | Databases | Sensitive Data & GDPR
User interfaces | Logical Coding | Testing Scenarios | Software Design Principles Present ideas | Implement Design Briefs
Collaboration | Problem Solving | Continuous Professional Development | Professionalism | Ethics, Integrity & Security of Data | Logical Thinking